Our team is the heart of our company. We share a love of the outdoors, helping people connect with the natural environment, and giving back to the community. Our culture includes a grassroots innovation, strong life/work balance, and a commitment to an inclusive, meaningful work environment. We believe the outdoors are for everyone! #SpendLess #PlayMore
Current Job Postings
Frugal Backpacker Team Member
What We’re Looking For:
- An outgoing personality and strong desire to talk to people, many of whom are visiting Asheville
- A passion for really cool apparel and gear
- Self motivated, passionate, approachable, and good active listening skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to work based on store needs including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to use the register and point of sale system
- Professional appearance fitting with the Frugal Backpacker lifestyle
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
What You Can Expect:
- Help our customers get the apparel, gear, and service they need
- Answer questions and make recommendations related to the outdoors and the downtown area
- Get to know our customers and build community
- Help adventurers of varying interests and skill levels
- Work in all store departments including the register
- Assist in receiving, processing and merchandising of new products
- Join and promote a friendly, professional environment with customers, supervisors, and coworkers
- Have fun!
We are a locally-owned company that opened its doors in 1964. We operate Frugal Backpacker and two Diamond Brand Outdoors locations, taking pride in our team of outdoor specialists. When you email your resume, please include a cover letter explaining your favorite things about the outdoors and any relevant experience. Weekend and evenings are required. Our hours are posted on our homepage.
If this sounds like you, email your resume and a cover letter.