At Frugal Backpacker, we believe the outdoors are for everyone. That’s why we host free outdoor education classes for beginners, support organizations connecting local youth to experiences on our trails and in our streams, and remain a local independent business.
Our business depends on our staff’s ability to offer exceptional customer service. Our Team Members are expected to have strong interpersonal skills to deliver the service Frugal Backpacker expects. Sales associates must be able to work both independently and in a team environment. Weekend and evenings are required. When you email your resume, please include a cover letter explaining your favorite things about the outdoors and any relevant experience.
What We’re Looking For:
- 2-4 years retail sales experience in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Proven track record of meeting sales goals, growth, and achieving results in a retail environment
- Develop a team that is committed to engaging customers and loves to sell
- An outgoing personality and strong desire to talk to people, many of whom are visiting Greenville
- A passion for really cool apparel and gear
- Self motivated, passionate, approachable, and good active listening skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a quick-moving environment
- Flexibility to work based on store needs including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to use the register and point of sale system
- Professional appearance fitting with the Frugal Backpacker lifestyle and vision of an active outdoor lifestyle
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
What You Can Expect:
- Coach selling and customer service as a role model for your team
- Oversee all aspects of visual merchandising and train staff in visual merchandising
- Set clear performance expectations by providing direct feedback and holding team members accountable for individual results
- Analyze inventory regularly to make decisions in red tagging of older product to ensure regular turns of the floor merchandise and flow of inventory by evaluating selling costs
- Help our customers get the apparel, gear, and service they need
- Answer questions and make recommendations related to the outdoors and the downtown area
- Get to know our customers and build community
- Help adventurers of varying interests and skill levels
- Work in all store departments including the register
- Assist in receiving, processing and merchandising of new products
- Join and promote a friendly, professional environment with customers, supervisors, and coworkers
- Lead a positive and fun environment!
Spend Less Play More is the motto for Frugal Backpacker. If you like to play in the outdoors and love to sell gear at a great prices this is the store. We are looking for a candidate who is dedicated to connecting customers to the outdoors and play in great gear at a great price. We expect our candidate to have ability to drive these core values.
If this sounds like you, email your resume and cover letter.