Looking to get in a convenient trail run/hike? Frugal Greenville staffer, Johnnie’s go-to trail might just be your new favorite. Established in 1935 as the main water supply for Greenville, Paris Mountain State Park is a trail staple for the morning warrior. It offers great scenery and miles of trails, but is close enough to have you back home before the game. This bucolic park features plenty of plant life, 3 reservoirs, and a picturesque dam.
Johnnie’s favorite route through the park makes a loop out of several trails for a total journey of around 6 miles:
- Brissy Ridge: Start/Parking
- Direction: Left or clockwise
- Difficulty: Slight incline | Wide Trail
- Difficulty: Moderate – somewhat steep in short intervals
- North Lake
- Difficulty: Moderate – roots on roots on roots on the north east side
- Difficulty: Moderate – 20 or 30 yard stretches of incline
- Brissy Ridge: Back to start!