Sunny days and late sunsets make for epic long runs. If your time outdoors has you ready to train for your next 5k or maybe bust into ultra territory, we’ve got the gear you need at frugal prices. Check out our top picks below, and stop by to shop our awesome selection of running shoes, hydration, and apparel.
Looking to get in a convenient trail run/hike? Frugal Greenville staffer, Johnnie’s go-to trail might just be your new favorite. Established in 1935 as the main water supply for Greenville, Paris Mountain State Park is a trail staple for the morning warrior. It offers great scenery and miles of trails, but is close enough to have you back home before the game. This bucolic park features plenty of plant life, 3 reservoirs, and a picturesque dam.
Johnnie’s favorite route through the park makes a loop out of several trails for a total journey of around 6 miles:
- Brissy Ridge: Start/Parking
- Direction: Left or clockwise
- Difficulty: Slight incline | Wide Trail
- Difficulty: Moderate – somewhat steep in short intervals
- North Lake
- Difficulty: Moderate – roots on roots on roots on the north east side
- Difficulty: Moderate – 20 or 30 yard stretches of incline
- Brissy Ridge: Back to start!