One of our core values is teaching and inspiring the next generation of outdoor stewards. So we’re always looking for ways to get more young explorers out on our trails. One of the ways we’re doing this is with our Kid’s Hiking Challenge – a fun program designed to reward kids for spending time outside.
It’s free to participate, and kids can hike whatever trails are at their personal level. Need suggestions to get started? Check out our favorite trails on our blog. We even have recommended hikes for those with limited mobility and fun hiking games to keep energetic kids busy.
Here’s how it works:
- Stop by Frugal Backpacker to pick up your free hiking passport.
- Hit the trail!
- Record where you hiked, the date, and have an adult sign your passport.
- For every 3 hikes you complete, you’ll reach a new level and earn a prize. Stop by Frugal Backpacker with your passport, and show us your adventures. We’ll stamp your passport and give you your prize.
Want to know what cool rewards you can earn for reaching new levels?
- Chipmunk Level (3 hikes) – Score an awesome hand-drawn sticker pack.
- Fox Level (6 hikes) – Earn a Nalgene water bottle to stay hydrated on the trail.
- Wolf Level (9 hikes) – Get a sweet Frugal Backpacker custom multiway bandana.